BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What I'd look for in an employee.

Alright guys, here's the scenario. Lets say that I am the owner of the newest store "Kassy's Boutique" in the Birchwood Mall. I'm in need of some employees to help me run it but I don't want people who will keep my store from moving forward. Let me tell you what I would be looking for as an employer. First off, I would want an employee whose personality makes the customers feel at home and feel comfortable in the store. That means a smile on your face, willing to help a customer no matter what their wants or needs are, and satisfactory level of customer service. The second thing I would look for is a good sense for fashion in the work place. Working in a boutique would allow the employees to express their own fashion sense, but it would have to stay work appropriate. NO cleavage hanging out, NO to short of skirts; for guys, NO Cut offs of any kind, clean shoes. Just look professional. The third thing I would like is a semi-clean, if not perfectly clean, criminal record. I wouldn't feel safe knowing I have someone who has committed a major crime in my business. The fourth thing I would like is the enjoyment of being at work, i want my employees to be happy. A happy worker = happy customers. The fifth and final thing I would look for in an employee is honesty. If you messed up, admit to it and we can work it out. Once my trust is lost, you will have a hard time earning it back.

Just for some giggles I'll list what 5 behaviors I would not want in the workplace. I know I've touched on them in the above paragraph but I'll list them real fast for you guys.

1. Not willing to help the customers.
2. Dressed inappropriately
3. Unhappy workers
4. Lying/dishonesty
5. Causes to many problems in the workplace.

0 comments: